Kot’s first attack took place in September 1964. His victim was visiting a church in Krakow when she saw a young man deep in prayer. When she also knelt to pray,  Kot pulled out a bayonet concealed in his jacket and stabbed her in the back, aiming for her heart, intending for the attack to be fatal.
Kot hurried out of the church and when he was a safe distance away he stopped to lick the blood from the knife.
Although she was seriously injured and in severe shock, the attack was not fatal.
She also managed to recall that her attacker had a red shield stitched onto his jacket, indicating to the police that he was a high school student.
A few days later Kot lay in wait for his next victim at a tram stop.
He set his sights on a 73-year-old woman, who had left the tram and was walking home.
Kot followed her.
When she reached the steps leading up to her front door, Kot pulled out a knife and stabbed her. The attack caused the woman to stumble and fall down the stairs.
Kot was certain that this attack had been fatal and quickly left the scene.
The elderly woman survived, but never regained her full health. She broke her spine and her legs were left paralysed.
On 29 September 1964, Kot decided to attack again.
He was walking around town when he saw an old woman go into a church.
As with his previous victims, he stabbed the 77-year-old in the back, however this time, his attack proved to be fatal.
Before she died, the victim managed to whisper to a nun that her attacker was a young man. Meanwhile, hiding away from the crime scene, Kot licked the blood from the blade of his knife.
Kot’s criminal activity then went quiet.
However, during a trip to Tyniec in 1965 he attempted to murder his friend Danuta, by putting a knife to her throat. Her reaction to this attack probably saved her life. She had laughed at Kot, before calmly explaining that if he killed her, he would immediately be the main suspect.

Early in 1966 Kot began experiment with poisons in order to claim more innocent victims.
At a bar he poured poison into a bottle of vinegar and then left. He then monitored the newspapers, but to no avail, to find any mentions of poisoning.
On Sunday 13 February 1966, Kot wanted to kill again and went to the Kosciuszko Mound area of Krakow. He knew that he would be able to find people walking alone here.
An 11-year-old boy was pulling his sled when Kot attacked him. He grabbed him by the neck with one hand, and stabbed the eleven times boy with the other hand.
Despite the violence of the attack, Kot was so discreet that no one noticed.
Two months later on 14 April, Kot was sitting on some steps outside of an apartment buulding, waiting for his next victim. A 7-year old girl came outside to check the mailbox.
Kot stabbed her eight times. Thanks to a quick and efficient rescue, she survived, but all the young girl could remember was that her attacker was wearing a white scarf.
After the attack Kot went to a police station to extend his gun license and then ate dinner.